CERT Bulgaria reminds users and administrators that browsers stop the support of TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 as follow:
- Google Chrome – in January 2020;
- Mozilla Firefox - in March of 2020;
- Microsoft Edge and IE - by the first half of 2020;
- Microsoft Office 365 - as of October 31, 2018
- Safari/ Webkit - in March of 2020.
Additionally, it is expected the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) to formally deprecate TLS 1.0 and 1.1 later this year, at which point protocol vulnerabilities in these versions will no longer be addressed by the IETF
As there are no fixes or patches that can adequately fix SSL or deprecated TLS, it is critically important that organizations upgrade to TLS 1.2 and newer as soon as possible.
CERT Bulgaria recommends users and administrators to upgrade to TLS 1.2 and other security alternatives as soon as possible because there will be no fixes or updates to adequately correct SSL or rejected TLS, which is critical to information security.